Our Wild Ones Chapter will gather for a potluck dinner and membership meeting on January 11, at 7 pm. All members will receive an email invitation.
Our monthly programs will begin on Thursday, February 6, 2020, 6:30 pm, at St. Michael’s Church, 2025 Bellefonte Drive, Lexington. Programs are open to the public and will be posted on this website, as soon as they are finalized.
- advances the knowledge about the native plants of our region
- promotes the use of native plants in private and public landscapes
- encourages the creation of gardens that sustain bees, butterflies, moths, birds and other wildlife
- hosts monthly meetings with an educational program and an opportunity for socializing and networking
- organizes an annual plant exchange in May
- collaborates with other organizations to promote sustainable landscape design and plant choices
- created a pollinator garden at Wellington Park, Lexington, and continue to maintain it
- contribute to the establishment of community gardens and the restoration of stream banks
- offer presentations to interested groups about ecological gardening
- have planted numerous Monarch Way Stations in central Kentucky